His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince and Prime Minister, today chaired the weekly Cabinet Meeting at Gudaibiya Palace.
The Cabinet highlighted the importance of the official meeting that took place between His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa and His Majesty Haji Hassanal Bolkiah, the Sultan of Brunei Darussalam, and welcomed the Sultan of Brunei’s successful visit to the Kingdom of Bahrain.
His Royal Highness instructed ministers to ensure the implementation of the MoUs and agreements signed that aim to enhance bilateral cooperation.
The Cabinet congratulated His Majesty the King and the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, HRH the Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, Prime Minister, and HH Staff Lieutenant Commander Shaikh Isa bin Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, on His Highness’s successful completion of the Joint Command and Staff Course at the US Marine Corps University, in Virginia, the United States of America. The Cabinet also congratulated the Bahraini officers who graduated from the course, wishing them continued success.
His Royal Highness expressed his gratitude for His Majesty’s commitment to developing the skills and capabilities of the Kingdom’s citizens. HRH the Crown Prince and Prime Minister also thanked their Highnesses, and Excellencies, members of the royal family, ministers, officials, and the people of Bahrain for their congratulations on this occasion.
The Cabinet reviewed the evaluation of the pilot phase of the Government Land Development Programme and affirmed the feasibility of the programme’s goals of providing units at prices suitable for the beneficiaries of the newly developed financing programmes.
His Royal Highness directed the Ministry of Housing and Urban Planning to expand the programme and implement eight additional projects in partnership with the private sector during 2023-2024.
His Royal Highness also directed the Ministry of Housing and Urban Planning to hold events and exhibitions that spread awareness on the housing financing services and programmes.
The Cabinet strongly condemned and denounced the storming and vandalising of the headquarters of its embassy and the residence of the Kingdom of Bahrain’s Ambassador in Khartoum, the Republic of Sudan. The Cabinet considered the act a serious violation of the rules of international law and diplomatic agreements.
The Cabinet affirmed the need to halt acts of violence and vandalism in Sudan and to provide full protection for the headquarters of diplomatic missions and civilian facilities.
The Cabinet discussed several memorandums during the meeting, approving the following:
1. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Development and Infrastructure Projects regarding the launch of 5 new e-services in the urban planning platform “Takhteet” as part of initiatives to re-engineer and digitise urban planning services to facilitate procedures for citizens and investors.
2. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Financial and Economic Affairs and Fiscal Balance regarding a draft decision to amend several provisions of the decision to purchase additional virtual years of service to the actual amount of years served for public sector employees.
3. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Financial and Economic Affairs and Fiscal Balance regarding the Kingdom of Bahrain’s contributions to and participation in international organisations.
4. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding an MoU between the Kingdom’s General Authority for Sport and the Ministry of Sports of the Republic of Serbia to strengthen cooperation and exchange expertise in the sports sector.
5. A memorandum submitted by the Minister of Municipalities and Agriculture Affairs regarding the acquisition of real estate for public use to provide the necessary spaces for urban development.
6. A memorandum submitted by the Minister of Works regarding the second phase of the National Assembly project.
7. A memorandum by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs on the government’s response to four proposals submitted by the Council of Representatives.
Finally, the Cabinet noted the following ministerial reports:
1. The official visit of the Minister of Interior to the United States of America
2. Participation in the 35th OPEC and non-OPEC Ministerial Meeting
3. Participation in the 2nd Ministerial Conference on Social Development
4. Participation in the commencement of the electrical interconnection project between the GCC Interconnection Authority and the Republic of Iraq
5. Participation in the second session of the United Nations Habitat Assembly
6. Participation in the ceremony of the 6th edition of the Khalifa Award for Education in the UAE
7. The educational operations for the conclusion of the second semester of the academic year 2022-2023