His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince and Prime Minister, today chaired the weekly Cabinet Meeting at Gudaibiya Palace.
The Cabinet extended its condolences to His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, and to the people of the Kingdom of Bahrain, and the families of the fallen servicemen, who passed away while carrying out their national duty in Operation Restoring Hope, as part of the Saudi-led Arab Coalition Forces at the southern border of Saudi Arabia. The Cabinet also wished the injured servicemen a speedy recovery.
The Cabinet thanked the allied countries and international organisations who have expressed their support to the Kingdom of Bahrain during this time. The Cabinet added that the honourable sacrifices of the fallen serviceman will be etched forever in the Kingdom’s history.
On the occasion of the Royal Order issued by His Majesty the King on calling the Shura Council and Council of Representatives to convene for the second session of the sixth legislative term, the Cabinet emphasised the importance of His Majesty the King’s address to be given at the opening of the second session of the sixth legislative term of the Shura Council and the Council of Representatives, in laying the foundation for national efforts in the next phase of the Kingdom’s progress and development.
The Cabinet highlighted that the second session of the sixth legislative term showcases the Kingdom’s ongoing commitment to national development, noting the importance of ongoing cooperation between the Executive and Legislative Authorities, and building on the cohesion achieved for the benefit of the country and its citizens.
On the occasion of World Teachers’ Day, the Cabinet expressed its gratitude to the teachers and their efforts in supporting the Kingdom’s education sector, by upskilling the Kingdom’s youth to ensure their contributions to the Kingdom’s comprehensive development. The Cabinet also wished the teaching professionals success in carrying out their national duty and passing on their knowledge to future generations.
The Cabinet discussed several memorandums during the meeting, approving the following:
1. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Financial and Economic Affairs and Fiscal Balance approving the closing dates of accounts for the 2023 fiscal year.
2. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Financial and Economic Affairs and Fiscal Balance regarding the contributions and subscriptions of the Kingdom of Bahrain to international organisations.
3. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding the framework between the Ministry of Justice, Islamic Affairs and Endowments and the Ministry of Labour regarding providing administrative assistance in labour lawsuits for Bahraini workers.
4. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs on a guide for preparing, studying, and finalising MoUs for the government of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
5. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding the government’s response to a law proposal submitted by the Council of Representatives.
The Cabinet reviewed the following:
1. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Financial and Economic Affairs and Fiscal Balance, regarding the Kingdom of Bahrain’s quarterly economic report for the second quarter of 2023.
The memorandum showed growth in the Kingdom’s GDP at constant prices on an annual basis of 2.0%, supported by the growth of the oil sector by 2.2% in addition to the growth of the non-oil sector by 2.0%.
2. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs regarding an MoU between the Central Bank of Bahrain and the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic on financial cooperation.
In addition, the Cabinet noted the following ministerial reports:
1. The Kingdom’s participation in the 78th session of the United Nations General Assembly.
2. The Kingdom’s participation in the Summit of Heads of State and Government of the Group of 77 and China on: “Current Development Challenges: The Role of Science, Technology and Innovation”
3. Outcomes of the second meeting of the Political Coordination Committee and the meeting of the Preparatory Committee of the Saudi-Bahraini Coordination Council.
4. Outcomes of the 157th session of the Joint Ministerial Council of the GCC and the joint ministerial meeting between the GCC and the Empire of Japan.
5. Bahrain’s participation in the 160th Arab League Council meeting of Foreign Ministers.
6. Bahrain’s Participation in the Global Sustainable Transport Forum 2023.
7. The Kingdom’s participation in the Ninth Meeting of the Committee of the Ministers of Health of the GCC, and the 86th General Conference of the GCC Health Ministers Council.
8. The Kingdom’s participation in the Arab Media Forum.
9. The Kingdom’s participation in the World Tourism Day 2023 event.